Monday, February 2, 2009

The curse of couch cushions being so absorbent

I get these great ideas for blog post throughout the day. They are brilliant ideas and would make the best blog posts of all time. If you read these gems you would have no choice but to agree.

Sometimes a send myself an e-mail to remind me of my flash of genius. Sometimes I use my little memory trick of turning my watch around backwards, which forces me to remember throughout the day why I turned my wristwatch around. Sometimes I scribble a note on a piece of paper. And many times I just make a mental note, telling myself that I just have to write about that.

Then I get home. Fix some dinner. Deal with the dishes. Check my e-mail, catch up on a few odds and ends, get engrossed in mind-numbing television. And before you know it, the enthusiasm and energy to be brilliant is gone.

Oh, sure, I still want to be brilliant, but I find I no longer remember how.

So I watch more mindless television and then go to bed.

It's like all the genius gets absorbed by the cushions the moment my butt hits the couch. I guess that's what I get for carrying by brainpower back there.

No comments:

Photo J: Capturing the Moment