Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The fog

I'm not real good at planning my errands. I always thing on my way home that I'll have plenty of time to run out later, after I've vegged out a bit, had a bite to eat and unwound from the day. I knew I needed to stop at a story on my way home from work but didn't. So, there I was at midnight, venturing out for my delayed errand. Fortunately, there is a Circle K nearby with precisely what I needed.

What I didn't expect to encounter upon walking out the door was fog.

Fog on a chilly night is not good. Fortunately, the temperature hasn't quite dipped below 32 degrees. Because freezing fog is nasty stuff. About the only worse driving condition is freezing rain, but freezing fog is not good.

It's looking like it's going to be a nasty morning on the roads here in Salem. There's nothing like skating to work, especially if it involves bend metal and bloodshed.

Well, the freezing conditions may have one upside if schools are closed and people go in late to work. Maybe there will be fewer morons on the road to play bumper cars with in the morning.

No comments:

Photo J: Capturing the Moment