Sunday, January 13, 2008

Write or wrong?

I was looking around online and found out that there is a new chapter here in Salem for the Willamette Writers group. I've never really considered myself I writer, even though I do some writing now and again. But for some reason I am intrigued about possibly attending one of the local chapter's gatherings.

If nothing else, it may be a way to meet some new people in town.

I guess it depends on what the people are like and what sort of stuff they talk about at their gatherings. So far they've only had one gathering it looks like, which took place this month.

If anyone stumbles across this blog and knows anything about that organization, I'd welcome any information you have about it.

The group may not be a good fit for me, as I think most of the people in that group are more aspiring poets or authors, and I'm more of newspaper writing hack. And, as I said, I don't really consider myself a writer. I mostly fly a desk and tinker with other people's writing. So it may not work out. But I'm still intrigued.

No comments:

Photo J: Capturing the Moment